We all long to have luscious, beautiful locks, and we can if we look after our hair properly. Good hair care begins in the home. It doesn’t matter how much you pay for luxurious hair salon treatments and cuts from the very best hairdressers, you need to look after your hair on a daily basis at home. Plus, if you are someone who doesn’t like going to the hairdresser’s or you can’t afford to have someone else do your hair, even more reason to get your home hair care right! Read on for some of the golden rules to follow.
- Don’t compromise on equipment and hair care products – There is only one place to begin, and this is with choosing quality over cost at every opportunity. Of course, this does not mean that you have to go for the most expensive product or hair care tool in the store, but it does mean that you need to select with care. Whether you are buying hair thinning scissors to maintain stunning, layered locks, or you are looking for nourishing hair treatment products, you need to do your research to make sure they have a good reputation and that they are favored with professionals in the industry.
- Use a low-heat setting when drying your hair – Yes, it can be tempting to turn the highest heat setting on and blast your hair when drying it. However, this is the worst thing you can do. Excessive blow-drying can damage your locks, drying them out and making them look dull. Instead, you should use a low-heat setting, and cut back on heat-styling tools. Do you really need to straighten your hair if you are going to be staying at home all day? Look online for hairstyles that don’t require a lot of heat!
- Brush your hair from the bottom up, twice a day – Regular brushing is a necessity if you are to maintain healthy hair, but this does not mean that you should tear through your locks. Start from the bottom up and don’t be rough with your hair. The result will be untangled, healthy, and perfectly shiny hair – just what we want!
- Towel dry your hair before you apply condition – Another golden rule when it comes to making your hair look amazing and ensuring it is healthy is to use conditioner properly. What conditioner you use and how you use it makes a massive difference. In fact, it is arguably more important than the shampoo stage.
- Shampoo your scalp, not your ends – Last but not least, a lot of us reach for a large dollop of shampoo, and we scrunch it into our hair. This is not the way to go. If you overdo it, you will cause more harm than good. Instead, shampoo your scalp, and choose the right shampoo for your level of hair damage and hair type.
So there you have it: the golden rules when it comes to caring for your hair at home. Follow the advice that has been mentioned above, and you will be amazed with how healthy and incredible your hair looks.