If you are looking to make a bit of extra cash, or you simply want to free up some space in your wardrobe, selling your clothes online is a great solution. It is something I have been doing for years now! I love that all over the country, someone is using a piece that I once loved and owned. It is a wonderful sustainable solution to fashion as well. Luckily, selling garments over the Internet is easy today, as there are so many ways you can go about it. With that in mind, read on to discover 7 secrets to selling clothes online:
- All clothes should be clean and in saleable condition – This may seem obvious, but having clothes in near perfect condition will sell faster and for more money. All clothes need to be crease-free and ironed. There should also be no alterations, stains, or holes. Designer bags sell better if their dust bag is included. You should present your clothes as if they are gifts.
- Take clear photographs and list with accurate descriptions – Buyers want to be certain that the item they are buying is exactly how they think it is. They want to make sure it is something that will fit and look nice on them. This is why it is important to be clear with your descriptions and your photographs. This will minimise the chance of a refund, which will make your life easier in the end.
- Consider your courier options – If you are to maximize the amount of profit you make on your clothes, you need to consider your postage options carefully. This is especially the case if you are intending to sell a large volume of items. Shiply enables you to compare courier options so you can find the best one for you. You can request quotes from over 100,000 transport providers, guaranteeing you will find the most cost-efficient and convenient option.
- Check similar items before you sell yours – Before you list your item, you should look for similar secondhand garments that are being sold online. This will help you gage how much to price the item and if pieces like the ones your sell are in demand.
- Designer labels less than two years old will bring a great return – Classic will always sell well, for example, Louis Vuitton and Chanel handbags. The newer the better though. I often find myself selling items faster than I probably would let the go just so I don’t have it on my hands later down the road.
- Determine the best selling platform – There are so many apps these days you can sell direction from your phone. Or you can take the tranditional route of putting the item on eBay, which will take around a week. Or, you could put your clothing and accessories on a designer website, which could lead to an immediate sale or you may find that your items do not sell at all. It all depends on what you are selling and where those buyers are shopping.
- Make sure you are in tune with the seasons – When you have a clear out, make sure you keep in tune with the seasons. Summer listings start to appear around March. Knits and coats will sell well from November to February. Festival season is the best time to sell crop tops, shorts, and headbands.