The 9th annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic is taking place this Saturday, June 4th at Liberty State Park. With a stunning backdrop of the city and the Statue of Liberty, Polo goers will enjoy a glamorous day in the sun. There will be picnics, champagne, the infamous divot stomping, and plenty of fashion. Don’t believe me? Take a look at last year’s best dressed! If you are attending the elite social event, here are a few suggestions and ideas on what to wear. Don’t forget to pack sunscreen!
What to Wear to the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic:
- White. This is the perfect time to pull out your all white sundress. It is not only appropriate but glamorous against the green lawn.
- Longer is sometimes better. Depending on your ticket, you may be sitting on the lawn. But of course in the most glam Veuve Clicquot way with chic blankets and umbrellas. Wearing a long maxi dress will make it easier to sit comfortably.
- Light Fabrics. Linens suits for men are perfect, and light chiffon or cotton dresses for women are a must. The temperatures tend to be warm with little shade covering the event.
- Practical hats. Wear hats that will shield you from the sun, but don’t get polo confused with derbies. Save your most elaborate hats for horse races.
- Comfortable shoes. Women, this may be the ONLY time where flats are not only acceptable but preferred. There is a 20-minute walk from the ferry to the event space. Make sure you have appropriate footwear such as beautiful flats or wedges. Skip heels as you will sink into the lawn.
- Dress to impress! This is not only a Polo match but a semi fashion show with the best Spring wear on display.
Overall, have a wonderful time at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. It is a truly spectacular, star-studded event.
**EXCITING NEWS: I will be at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic as a Rosé Garden attendee this year thanks to The Ambitionista, Blogger Babes, and PR Vein. For live coverage of the event, feel free to follow along on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!