The start of the holidays is also the start of the big travel season! I love traveling. I love going somewhere new, seeing new things, and just honestly shutting my phone off for a few hours. I also really love the idea of leaning back, watching a movie, and ordering snacks delivered to my seat. I really live it up if you can’t tell.
So what should you bring to keep you cozy on the plane ride? Great question. Here are a few essentials I typically love to pack, the 2016 edition!
Top 5 Must Haves:
- First and foremost, I’ve learned that noise canceling headphones are essential! My favorite brand is Bose. They are super comfortable to wear and blocks out noise.
- Eye masks and a blanket. As I got older, I realize how very helpful these two things are to ensure a nice, peaceful rest during a flight. I freeze on a plane so a blanket is definitely a necessity, and an eye mask makes a HUGE difference in blocking light. I found this set from Ugg that’s really cute and comfy.
- Next, bring hand sanitizer wipes. It is a little tip to avoid getting sick. I watched Eva Chen wipe down the whole chair and armrest with hand sanitizer. Brilliant idea, maybe a little extreme, but brilliant. These from babyganics are alcohol-free.
- Snacks. Just in case the in-flight menu is not up to par with your standards, it’s always a good idea to have a few snack on hand. I love these GoMacro granola bars.
- Lastly, a great book or magazine for those times you need a break from the movies. I bring my kindle fire with me that holds a plethora of options from my favorite magazines to books. Plus it has games like sudoku and solitaire.
More in-flight options
Let me know in the comments below what you like to bring on the plane! What are your favorite travel essentials?