Every great host goes out of their way to make their guests feel welcomed. Serving up delicious drinks and scrumptious bites are often your first concern. By the time you set the table, clean the kitchen, and make sure it looks Instagram ready, you might have forgotten to make a playlist to set the mood. No worries, I am here to help!
Hi my loves!
I cannot believe it is September already. This Summer went so fast, I blinked and it is almost over! We still have a few more weeks before it is officially Fall (aka my favorite season). This year though, I am kind of sad Summer is ending. I actually had a really nice relaxing Summer. I didn’t travel or do much of anything, but it was a welcomed treat to stay still. I mentioned in an earlier post this week, last summer I moved three times! Which I guess is why staying still and not running around too much is a dream!
This is my second installment of how to prepare for New York Fashion Week. Last Thursday, I did a run down on what to pack and where to stay during NYFW. Today I am sharing my top apps to use during New York Fashion Week! Even if you aren’t attending the shows, these will help you prep for a big event especially around the holiday season. Check it out!
Last year, I wrote an article Is Rent The Runway Unlimited Worth It. Since then, it has become one of the most popular articles I have written to date. I figured, when I was writing the article I had only been using the service for a few months and it was relatively brand new to the market. A year has gone by and not only has my experience changed, but the product (rent the runway unlimited) has changed as well. See if it is still worth it below!
I have a new obsession and it is with this watermelon glow sleep mask. It is sold exclusively at Sephora by the company Glow Recipe. The sleep mask is supposed to create a soft and glowing complexion. It is formulated with watermelon, aha, hyaluronic acid, and it is all natural! See what I experienced below in this watermelon glow review.
It is here! New York Fashion Week, Fall Winter 2018 is about to begin. Manhattan is currently preparing for the hundreds of shows. Photographers are prepping their gear, charging camera batteries and clearing out room on their memory cards. Fashion buyers have sculpted their schedule to include several shows every single day. Fashion influencers have prepped and re-prepped every look they will be wearing.
Happy Labor Day weekend, friends! I am super excited for the three day weekend. I am planning on seeing friends, doing some shopping, relaxing, and prepping for New York Fashion Week. It is chilly this weekend in New York City, so I am busting out the sweaters already! I can’t wait for the pumpkin spice lattes to come back.
Today, I wanted to share a few of my favorite labor day sales with you. These are happening these weekend to celebrate Labor Day. I am super stoked for Century 21 Labor Day Sale, I found these Celine Sunglasses for under $150 (originally $500!).
Etsy is having their very first sale! I love this because I get to support local and small shops while saving a bit of cash. I really love these rose gold personalized jewelry, they make great gifts and are super cute.
My third pick from the sale is Gilt City. I love shopping their site daily, but with the additional discount, it is so hard to resist! It’s a sale on top of a sale. You can shop facials to cooking classes, to lavish getaways. They also have shoes and clothing for sale.
Here are a few more sales happening with special discount codes:
- AHAlife //Happy Labor Day from AHAlife! Get 20% off today CODE:LABORDAY20
- Ann Taylor //Extra 50% off all sale styles!
- Dermstore //Labor Day Sale, save 20% Off CODE:LONGWKND
- DVF// Enjoy an extra 20% off sale items CODE: ENDOFSUMMER
- Etsy // Up to 60% off!
- FRAME // 25% Off Sale Items
- FRYE // Take an extra 25% Off Sale Items CODE: 25OFF
- Intermix // Final hours of the Labor Day Event @INTERMIX! Up to 80% Off All Sale Items
- Kiehl’s // 2 FREE Deluxe Samples with any Ultra Facial Collection purchase CODE: ULTRA
- Milly //Take up to 70% off all sale styles at @MillybyMichelle CODE: LABORDAY17
- Missguided US // Get 50% off everything, YES we said EVERYTHING CODE: AMERICANBABE
- Moda Operandi //Update your wardrobe with fall’s hero trends! Get up to $100 off your purchase
- Nina Shoes // Labor Day Sale! Extra 30% Off All Sale Items + Free Shipping CODE: LABORDAY
- Rag & Bone //Up to 65% off at the end of summer sale CODE: LABORDAY30
- Sole Society // Jumpstart your #TGIF with @SoleSociety’s huge Labor Day sale! Going on now, shop up to 60% off
- Urban Outfitters // Take an extra 30% off all sale
Click to shop these picks!
I recently discovered a trick to sleep so soundly and easily while calming my anxiety before going to bed. It never occurred to me that I may need a routine to relax at night. What I discovered helps prevent those restless nights thinking about work and “what am I doing in my life”. Take a look!
Can you believe it is here! September NYFW is my all time favorite. The weather is better, the clothes are exciting, and it is also my favorite time of the year to be in New York City. Today I am sharing some pro tips on what to pack for NYFW beyond the obvious OOTD. I also have a few helpful hotel suggestions. Enjoy!