Fall Fashion Trends
No one needs to wear every single trend that is popular, but it is fun to know what’s hot. It also opens doors to new ways to style old clothes. It is amazing how simple accessories can change the look. Here is a short list of what’s popular this season, and what you’ll be seeing a lot of through winter.
- Bell Sleeves
- Menswear inspired looks
- Blocked Heels
- Off the shoulder
- Fall florals
It may seem like a lot but let’s break it down into easy pieces!
We already discussed bell sleeves here, but what about the rest of what’s trending? There are some pretty sweet pairings happening with these trends, like ruffles and off the shoulder tops like this. Or Velvet chokers! There are some unexpected pairings that work perfectly such as menswear inspired looks and embellishments. Coach did a great job demonstrating this trend combo in their SS ’17 line. I personally love seeing block heels and metallics being matched. But see for yourself below:
What trend pairing do you like or would wear? Let me know in the comments below. In the meantime here are a few other fall trends I am loving:
Fashion has been giving us a lot of throwback styles lately. We saw a surge in ‘70s style last year with the billowy silhouettes and vintage fabrics that are still holding strong on the trends map. The ‘70s weren’t the only decade to make a big fashion comeback. Enter the ‘90s, which brought us droves of flannel, chokers galore, and a modern look at denim on denim–something we never thought could be revived from the archives, but now ever top model is sporting!
Which brings me to today’s post: a feature on denim fashion that’s no longer an option for fashion enthusiasts, but a must. Denim has overtaken our wardrobes and made us fall in love all over again. Not only are we wearing denim jeans, but we’re wearing denim tops, dresses, and even headwear. There is no denying the denim trend, and below I’ll go over some of the best ways to wear denim this season. You’ll want to take notes.
New York Fashion Week is here! Time to break out those heels, designer purses and cameras for an amazing week full of fashion. If you happen to see me during fashion week, I carry around a big purse. I have learned during previous fashion weeks it is necessary to bring plenty of supplies. Because in the end, feet will hurt and nail polish will chip, and there won’t be much time to rest. These tiny accessories that you can throw into your bag will save you in the end!
New York Fashion Week Must Haves:
- Compeed! My best friend when it comes to heel protection. It lasts all day no and prevents blisters from wearing high heals.
- Bandaids. just in case you forgot Compeed, take a few bandaids for any other trouble areas shoes may cause.
- Nail polish remover wipes. The thing that bugs me more than no nail polish is chipped nail polish. I love these individual wipes that really do the trick.
- Bobby pins. It is amazing how you can easily transform your hair with a quick pin or two. Also helps keep flyaway strands in place.
- The number for closest beauty bar. There are plenty of stations and lounges around the city that will do touch up and hairdo for free. TRESemmé is one that will help a girl out with a quick hairdo. Just book an appointment before heading in.
- Chargers. Plenty of chargers for your phone and camera. Especially when you know it will be a long day.
- Change of shoes. Nothing feels better than when the last event ends and you can change into comfy shoes.
- Cards. Don’t forget to bring business cards for all the people you’ll meet.
At the TRESemmé Salon in Skylight Moynihan Station. With Stylist Nikki Fontaine.
Enjoy Fashion week ladies!
Song of the day is: Faded (ODESZA Remix) by Zhu
Hope you are having a great week! I have been earnestly preparing for New York Fashion Week! We are currently less than two weeks away. Ekkk!! The excitement is having me work around the clock prepping looks, RSVP’ing to PR groups, writing up posts ahead of time so you have plenty to read! I am planning on attending as well as live tweeting during shows, so feel free to follow along on TWITTER for those initial thoughts. As for my current condition, I think I am living off of pure adrenaline.
So what the heck am I going to wear?